If you’re planning a visit to RPDX visit, here’s a snapshot of all there is to see:
- We’ve expanded the number of Catrike demos ready for test riding to 15, including
- Villager, Trail (folder), 559 (folder), Dumont (folder/suspension), Expedition, Road AR (suspension), Pocket and 700 (redesigned for 2018!)
- From HP Velotechnik, we have demos of EVERY Scorpion and Gekko model including
- New 2018 Gekkos, Scorpion FS26, FS20, FX, Scorpion 2, Scorpion Plus 26 and 20
- From AZUB, the Full Fat is a sight to see (and sit-in!) plus some new T-Tris builds sitting alongside the Tri-Con with Pinion Drive and the (!!!) Ti-Fly.
- From Greenspeed, their newly-designed square boom as well as the new Magnum XL!
- Short boom demo trikes –enabling riders 4’11 and up to easily test ride
- One-hand control (left or right) – Electronic shifting, stand up aids, heel support pedals and single hand control hydraulic brakes enabling those recovering from stroke to easily ride again
- Pedal-assist demos for Bionx and Shimano STEPS. Nearly a quarter of the trikes leaving the shop now feature pedal-assist electric motors. Test riding lets you know if it’s the right choice for you
- We have demos available for test riding with Rohloff Speedhub, Schlumpf Mountain Drive, Pinion Drive Technology and Shimano DI2. No other store in the United States has this much component choice available for you to test ride!
We also have Accessories:
- DaBrim -Taming the Blazing Sun™
- Extensive TerraCycle offerings including their new pendulum pedals, *BRAND NEW*Finer Recliner neck rests (more on this in another post), bottle mounts, side bags and a panopoly of Erector Set-like connectors to attach pretty-much ANYTHING to your recumbent
- Roadside repair tools from Park Tools and Koolstop;
- Large colorful attention-getting flags
- Ventisit-the world’s most comfortable recumbent seat pad!
- Schwalbe Tires – Fast, comfy, knobby, puncture-resistant- RPDX has ALL the choices. No recumbent store has a larger selection of Schwalbe tires and tubes
- Kryptonite Locks and Terratrike Covers to keep your recumbent safe from theft
- Ortlieb and Arkel Recumbent bags
- Terratrike Heel Support pedals, cushions, roof-top trike carriers and bottle cage mounts
- Pumps, horns, lights
- Hollywood Racks to haul your trike on a trailer hitch
As always, we’ve got a completely line of adaptive components to help overcome any barrier to riding –whether it be surgery, stroke, joint replacement, Ataxia, Parkinson’s or balance issues. If you have the desire, we’ll do our best to get you safely enjoying the joy of cycling again:
- Heel Support Pedals -to ensure feet stay comfortably and safely on the pedals
- Stand Up Assist Arms -to help rider get safely in and out of the seat
- Lumbar supports and other adaptive cushions -every recumbent rider is unique. We have the pads to make you comfortable
- Pendulum Pedals -for riders with limited range of motion, these allow a comfortable, smooth leg stroke
- Short Cranks -for shorter riders, these ensure a comfortable leg stroke (if you’re 5’2″, you don’t ride the same cranks as somebody 6’2″!)
- Climbing gears to ensure you can get up the steepest grades
Thank you for following the story of RecumbentPDX, now in our 4th season and excited as always to hear your stories from the road!