Assistance & experience with a vast array of recumbent components
- Our “House” Component set is a SRAM 10 speed rear derailleur and cassette combined with a Full Speed Ahead (“FSA”) triple crank controlled by SRAM TT500 indexed bar-end shifters. Braking is handled by SRAM AVID BB7 mechanical discs.
- SRAM Red –SRAM describes the RED component group simply as “fast, light, aerodynamic, ergonomic, near-silent, there was simply nothing more we could add to make it better.” We can upgrade your new purchase or your existing trike or bike to RED. To know whether it’s a viable option for you, come take RED-equipped Catrike 700 for a spin.
- Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 – developed for both pros and performance oriented hobby cyclists, the Speedhub is renowned for perfect single gear ratios, wide range of gears, low maintenance and easy operation; its weight and efficiency are ideal even for pro racing. The sealed gearbox ensures reliability and durability even under the toughest conditions. The even increments of 13.6% between gears make it possible to ride continuously at peak performance. The overall range makes sure that you always have access to the right gear regardless of situation. Pure fun is guaranteed. RPDX has one on the floor for you to test.
- Patterson Transmission delivers rocket-fast front shifting every time and replaces a traditional multi-ring front crank. Unaffected by pedal speed or load, the two speed internal crank can be shifted at any time and gives you wider range than a road triple. Once you try it, will you ever go back to multiple chain rings?
- Shimano DI2 brings you finesse, versatility, and effortless operation with an electronic drivetrain. Our stock 8-speed ALFINE Di2 combined with the Patterson Transmission combines a wide gear range with effortless, maintenance-free shifting
Full Speed Ahead (“FSA”) 155, 165 and 175 triple cranks – we don’t all wear the same size shoe. For the same reasons, our 6’5” and 5’1” customers require different crank lengths. FSA had the mid and upper lengths covered already when we sat down with them at the 2015 Interbike convention in Las Vegas with this simple ask: Bring back their out-of-production 155’s. We’re very pleased they’ll be available again in 2016 (and, now standard on Catrike’s Pocket). You’ll know pretty-quickly which size works for you. Is your recumbent is too difficult on the climbs or two slow on the downhills? As a stocking dealer for FSA, SRAM, Shimano and Wolf Components, RecumbentPDX has crank rings and cassettes to handle either of those extremes and everything in between. We keep a good stock of platform and SPD pedals, but where we really shine is specialty pedals for riders with special needs. If you already have pedals and shoes, we’re happy to install them on your new ride. We don’t stock shoes, but fortunately, there are lots of fantastic shops that do. We recommend mountain-bike style shoes with recessed SPD cleats – get shoes that are comfortable to walk in, bring them to the store and we’ll get you set right up! For precise, effortless stopping power, nothing beats hydraulic brakes. We offer both the Tektro Auriga and the lighter, race-ready FSA Afterburner. Tektro is available in one-hand operation (“twinned”) for riders with limited or no use of one hand as well as electric-assist ready.
- Enduro Ceramic Wheel Bearings are lighter, stiffer, smoother, corrosion-resistant, require less lubrication and have a lower thermal expansion than standard steel bearings allowing them to run at higher speeds and higher operational temperatures with lower torque. For faster riding, nothing provides more bang-for-the-buck than Ceramic Wheel Bearings.
- SON Dynamo Hub Power and Light Systems never run out of batteries –whether you’re on a self-supported ride through New Mexico’s stunning Colorado Plateau or just making your daily commute. RecumbentPDX can install hub power on most of our trikes.
- Lights – we also stock USB-rechargeable front and rear lights from Serfas
- Ventisit Seat Pads come to us from Holland – they are lightweight, super-comfortable, ultra-breathable, nearly-indestructible and you can just turn a hose on them after a long, sweaty ride!
- Flags and Banners are a crucial safety item. Upgrade the bland orange flag (can we call bright orange “bland”? Sure we can!) that came with your trike to something that better suits your personality – fanions, turis, sails, damselflies? In every imaginable color combination? With reflective material for night riding? We’ve got ‘em all
- Panniers and Bags from Ortlieb and Axiom in every size and for every budget – side mount, trunk and all the way up to full touring packages for your recumbent.
- Schwalbe Tires and Tubes in every imaginable combination -16” (305 or 349); 20” (406 or 459) in narrow, wide, slick, knobby, puncture-resistant, even studded! RPDX has the widest selection in the Western United States.
- Terratrike Fairings – like Pat Franz’ other components, these are crisply-machined, beautifully-finished, durable and come in small – the aerodynamic properties warm your feet while adding a couple miles-an-hour to your top speed and large –protecting your whole body from Pacific Northwest drizzle (while still giving you the additional top end).